Comedy Star Programme
The Comedy Star Programme is a series of workshops designed to coach and guide individuals interested in developing their comedic talents. It is a platform created by LOL Events in collaboration with The Cultural Economy Development Agency (CENDANA) to support, guide, and increase the skills of eager and passionate local talents.
The 6-month programme facilitated by Muntoh Fong (founder of the '3 Mins in 3 Hours' comedy workshop) will also feature mentorship by established comedians.
● The 6-month programme comprises of 11 sessions of workshops and 1 Finale Show
● Venue for workshops: Livespace @ Oasis Damansara
● Workshops will be held once every 2 weeks (kindly refer to the schedule below)
● Participants will be guided on how to writing stand up comedy material and will be required to perform at a minimum of 4 (selected) Open Mic Comedy shows throughout the duration of the programme
● Each workshop session will be mentored by an established comedian respectively
● Participants will be provided with Comedy Star Programme workbook
● Light refreshments will be provided during each workshop session
Rules & Regulations
● Participants will be required to attend a minimum of 80% of workshops scheduled throughout the programme
● Participants will also be required to perform a minimum of 4 times at any of the selected open mic nights throughout the duration of the programme. It is up to each participant to ensure that this criteria is met.
● Participants progress will be evaluated each month by the Programme Facilitator and Mentors of the programme.
● Participants will be required to perform at a Finale show. Each performance will be evaluated by a representative from the LOL Events, CENDANA and Comedy Mentors.
● A chosen participant will be awarded the title of 'Most Valuable Comic' at the end of the programme. Said participant will be given the opportunity to compete in the Hong Kong International Comedy Festival.
Perks of Joining!
● Opportunity to interact with experienced and established comedians
● Free passes to attend SELECTED comedy shows organized by LOL Events during 6 month programme
● 'Most Valuable Comic' will be given the opportunity to compete in the Hong Kong International Comedy Festival (Terms & Conditions apply)
Programme fee & Application process
● Individuals interested in participating in the programme will need to fill in the online REGISTRATION form by 12pm, 31 January 2018 (Wednesday)
● Applications will go through a screening process and confirmed participants will be contacted via email on 12 February 2018 (Monday)
● Only 20 participants will be selected to attend the programme.
● Selected participants will be charged a fee of RM480 for the entire programme. (Programme is worth RM1,200 at full price) Details on payment will be provided along with confirmation email.
For any further enquiries or suggestions, please contact Wenyi at email@example.com